1. Collection of information
- Information collected through our website may include personal information about you (including identifiers, as set out in section 2 below). For example, personal information may be:
- provided by you through registration on our website;
- provided to us by you through any other method (such as through correspondence and discussions);
- collected by us through click tracking in relation to your use of our website, including the tracking of the content you access and any of our services you utilise; and
- collected by us through log files or cookies (as set out in sections 3 and 4).
- Failure to provide necessary personal information when requested may result in certain services not being available to you.
- We may also collect aggregated information generated by our systems, which tracks traffic to our website but does not relate to you personally (see section 6 below).
Information about your computer and about your visits to and use of the website (such as your IP address, location, browser type and user name) will be recorded when you log in to our website. This information may be used to identify you. We will treat this information as personal information.
3. Log files
We use log files in order to enhance your experience on our website and to analyse trends. Log files gather information, such as which URL you just came from, which URL you visit next, what browser you are using and your IP address. This information is used to analyse trends and to administer and operate our website. Users who log into our website also have their IP address recorded. An IP address can be used to identify a user; however, we will treat this information as personal information.
Our website uses temporary cookies to keep a session open after a user logs in. We may use the information we obtain from the cookies in the administration of our website and to improve the usability of our website. Some browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies. However, this may have a negative impact on the usability of our website.
The information that you post on our website, including your name, skills and experience and ratings and reviews, can be viewed by other users of our website. If you use the discussion forum, offer or question and answer section on our website, be aware that any personally identifiable information you submit on the discussion forum, offer or question and answer section can be viewed and used by other users of our website. We take no responsibility for any information submitted to the discussion forum, offer or question and answer section. Further requirements in relation to postings are set out under the heading "communication tools" in our website terms and conditions.
6. Other information
We will have access to and may use other information, such as the number of users, traffic patterns and demand for the service, for the purpose of monitoring server and software performance as well as for our other internal purposes. We may also collect information about all system interaction with users while they are logged in.
This information is owned by us and may be used to verify actions taken by a user or to better understand the behaviour of users in order to improve our website.
7. Use of information
The personal information you provide may be used by us (and our employees, officers, agents, contractors and affiliates as defined below) for the following purposes:
- for verifying your identity for use of our website, to conduct address verification or credit checks for invoicing and billing purposes and to enrich your profile and searchability;
- to complete the processing of any transactions or payments;
- to complete verification under the Anti-Money Laundering and Countering Financing of Terrorism Laws, and any other law, bylaw or regulation that may be required under New Zealand law;
- to assist in providing better services to you by tailoring the services to meet your needs;
- to provide you with further information about us or other websites or goods or services offered by us or our related companies or which we consider may be of interest to you;
- to carry out marketing, promotional and publicity purposes (including direct marketing), market research and surveys;
- to keep our website relevant and of interest to users;
- to show you advertising and information that is most relevant to you and your interests;
- for analysis in aggregate form (with identifiable characteristics removed so that you will remain anonymous); and
- for any other purpose which is stated to you at the time of collection or that you otherwise authorise.
8. Information sharing and disclosure
- In relation to personal information, we:
- may disclose information about you, including your personal information, to our affiliates (which means any person or other entity which directly or indirectly controls, is controlled by or is under common control with us) for the purposes set out in the above paragraph;
- may disclose information about you, including your personal information, to our contractors, payment processors, services providers, and suppliers to enable them to provide services and products to us in relation to our website, including transaction processing services, legal services, legal compliance services, hosting services, support services and any other services which may be reasonably necessary by Day Jobs Limited for the operation of the Day Jobs website;
- reserve the right to disclose your personal information when we believe it is appropriate to comply with the law, facilitate court proceedings or protect our rights.
- Information collected through our website that does not identify users is owned by us and may be disclosed by us. We may share aggregated demographic information about our user base with our affiliates, partners and advertisers.
9. Advertising and third-party links
10. Security of your personal information
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or unauthorised alteration of your personal information. However, due to the nature of email and the internet, we cannot guarantee the privacy or confidentiality of your personal information. When you provide us with personal information, that information may be collected, stored and processed on servers located outside of New Zealand. Credit card payments are encrypted and processed using an external credit card payment processor and details are not stored by us.
11. Access and correction
Under the Privacy Act 1993, you have rights of access to, and correction of, personal information that we hold. Our website has the functionality to access, change and update your personal information. This can be done by contacting us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via the Day Jobs online messaging platform.
12. Opting in and opting out
13. Business transitions
14. Users outside New Zealand
The information we collect may be processed in and transferred between your location and New Zealand. New Zealand may not have equivalent data protection laws to those in force in your location.
15. Linking and advertising
We may include links to third-party materials (Linked Sites) on our website as well as advertising. Advertisers or Linked Sites may ask you to provide information. We do not have control over the privacy policies of Linked Sites or advertisers. Further requirements about Linked Sites are set out in our website terms and conditions.
17. Contact details